Thursday 14 February 2019

The Making Project







I contacted The Making Project who go to hostels (one for the homeless and one for 16-18 year olds) in Coventry and run art workshops. I volunteered in 2 different hostels helping with the art workshops, encouraging people to join in and chatting with them.  Although I don't think this is something I want to go into career wise, it was really inspiring to see art touch young kids or homeless people's lives even when they're not normally arty. It was something for them to work towards, something to distract them or bring them together and we creating a mosaic garden. It was also interesting to hear that Dasi, who runs the project, gets funding from the Lottery to fund her projects. Something to keep in mind for the future because who knows what project I will think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment