Friday 7 October 2016

L5/L6 Sketchbook Crit

Today we looked at Level 5 and Level 6's summer sketchbooks. I could not believe the scope of talent and it made me so motivated to practice so I can be at that level. It is also quite disheartening to see this amazing work as I hate most of my work, but this has definitely motivated me to improve. We were meant to pick one sketchbook which was the hardest decision but I picked this one.. (unfortunately the work was not named)






















































































































I absolutely love this work. Every single page of this sketchbook was so eye catching and interesting to look at. The range of media such as ink/watercolour/collage/pen made it really gripping. I couldn't stop looking at it. This work could not be any more different to my own, I wouldn't even think about working in this way but I would really like to try some of these methods out myself. Even the simple line drawings of the leaves are so interesting to look at I LOVE IT. Also the spacey looking studies I find really alluring as space and the universe is something I am really interested in and find it so aesthetically pleasing. I love how this students work is set out with the borders, making the book look uniform and also the shape of the whole sketchbook is unusual which I like. This student seems to be very experimental which I need to adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment