Tuesday 21 February 2017

The Stanley & Audrey Burton Gallery



Grant W. Miller, 2007, mixed media
I like the colours and how much is going on all the angles
I like that you see the more you look at it
It's dissimilar to my own work which I like, I should use more colour and business



Screaming Torso ll, Gyorgy Gordon, 1976, Ink on paper
Similar to my own work with the use of ink and lack of colour
I prefer quick gestural sketches to something that took a long time



At Night at Home, Gyorgy Gordon, 1991, oil on canvas
I like the interesting use of composition, and light and dark
I try to consider this in my own work but I aim to consider it more





War ll Horses, Gyorgy Gordon, 1969, ink on paper
Again I like the use of ink and the quick gestural sketch



I would give the gallery a solid 5/10. I would recommend it to a friend if they were really looking for something to do when bored in Leeds as they show a diverse range of work but I wouldn't suggest someone went out of their way to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment